MONOLITE® Concrete is the renowned reinforced concrete prefabricated pod that put EUROCOMPONENTS on the map.
The specific gravity can vary from 1,600 kg/m3 (light version) up to a maximum of 2,500 kg/m3.
- Walls and ceiling have a standard thickness of 50 mm.
- Floor thickness can range from a minimum of 50 mm up to a maximum of 120 mm in the case of application of shower drains (suitable for bathrooms with a shower floor and for bathrooms for disabled people).
- A welded mesh is incorporated into the entire shell of the bathroom to reinforce the structure.
- Plumbing and wiring systems are embedded into the concrete, ensuring an exceptional level of protection for pipes and cables.
- Technical room with plumbing and wiring connections that can be easily inspected from outside the room where the pod is installed.
- Fire Resistance:
- With the standard wall thickness of 50 mm: internal walls are fire resistant for 30 minutes (EI 30)
- With the standard wall thickness of 50 mm, made from traditional concrete with a specific gravity of 2.500 kg/m3, the interior walls achieve a fire resistance level of 45 minutes (EI 45).
- Sound Insulation:
- With the standard wall thickness of 50 mm: natural sound insulation up to 32 decibels.
- 4 steel lift hooks for each pod, embedded within the concrete shell of the roof.
To install the MONOLITE® Concrete pods we recommend using 5-6 metre long chains.
With the site crane specially prepared for the purpose, the pods are lifted from the truck and are conveniently placed on the designated floor area.
With the help of practical advice from EUROCOMPONENTS, the client shall undertake to complete the design of the bathroom pod by choosing suitable accessories.
All the fittings (wiring, plumbing and tiles) are purchased from the best suppliers on the market and clients have a wide selection to choose from.
Suitable for a wide range of sectors:
- Hotel sector – hotels, apartment hotels
- Residential sector – private residences, student accommodation, holiday resorts
- Hospital sector – nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals
Concrete is especially suitable for traditional construction techniques.
It ensures maximum durability over time and is a solid long-lasting product that is especially suitable for construction sites with projects where strength is required and reduced weight floors are not necessary.